1. NEW VAN >> 2. NEW VIDEO >> 3. RECORDING NEW ALBUM >> 4. NEW TOUR DATES >> 5. NEW WEBSITE.
1. We got a new van last week in Albuquerque. It’s a pretty awesome Ford diesel cargo van, and it’s huge compared to Ruby. We had to trade her in. This new one needs a new name, Any suggestions? Send them here: email@example.com (we’re thinking she needs a Spanish name). She’s a really great new van and we spent some time the other night cleaning it out….it’s an old work van, putting new oil in and stuff. She could use new tires and brakes and a few other odds and ends like customizing it for life on the road, but that’ll all come soon. Right now we’ve got a sweet huge van to drive. If you wanna help with the purchasing of van items go to: store.iamlistener.com there’s plenty of ways to do that there, and we can use your help.
2. To celebrate the new van I want to introduce you to our new video. We got together with our buddy Nate Corrona in Atlanta a few weeks back and made the best looking video I have ever been a part of. Nate does amazing work. You can see his other stuff at: dustbrandfilms.com. This is the video for “Ozark Empire, or a snake oil salesman comes to your town”. It’s a song that has been out there that many of you probably already know. This is the one we play a washing machine in. Please email this link to your friends (youtube link, vimeo link) and show them the video too. We made the video to help spread the word for listener, and for the release of Return To Struggleville. We have sold a lot of independent copies of the album, and recently we sold out. We took a look at the songs, re-did some stuff….vocals, instruments, artwork, added a couple new songs….and we’re partnering with a label to put out an actual release for RTS. It’s a day late and a dollar short, but at least we’ll have what we really wanted it to be in the first place.
3. We have been so busy touring, but we are going to take a break starting today in Huntington Beach California to record our new record. It’ll be more work, plenty of it, but no driving and setting up for shows…mostly creative stuff. Which is fun. In the meantime check out this podcast I did in Colorado (Chainsaw Weasel Podcast), and this stripped down live video for a program out of South Carolina called the Boneshow (Boneshow Video).
4. If you’re not in the know……we are currently on tour. This year we’re probably gonna get close to 300 dates….somewhere in that ballpark, which is pretty sweet. We’ve been able to do a ton of US stuff, and so after this tour we will take a break, work more on the new record and probably go overseas for some touring….and then come back to you all later. We are finishing up the last run of From Arkansas With Love….can you call a one year tour that? I guess so, we just did.
oct 14th – emporia, ks – inner bean
oct 15th – woodland park, co – woodland park arts
oct 16th – abq, nm – telos house
oct 17th – lubbock, tx – sugar browns
oct 18th – las cruces, nm – lightning bear records
oct 20th – phoenix, az – big fish pub
oct 30th – azusa,ca – divine savior pres.
oct 31st – pasadena, ca – caltech
nov 4th – san diego, ca – kava lounge
nov 5th – yuma, az – the dunes
nov 6th – las vegas, nv – bunkhouse
nov 7th – emeryville, ca- bab’s garden
nov 8th – stockton, ca – TBA
nov 10th – eugene, or – TBA
nov 11th – portland, or – muddy waters
nov 12th – bellingham, wa – whatcom college
nov 13th – centralia, wa – TBA
nov 14th – spokane, wa – art music & more
nov 15th – spokane, wa – empyrean
nov 17th – mccall, id – TBA
nov 18th – salt lake city, ut – TBA (help)
nov 19th – grand junction, co – TBA
nov 20th – greeley, co – zoes
nov 21st – co springs, co – the rocket room
nov 22nd – denver, co – TBA (help)
5. We’ve got a new website URL. it is www.iamlistener.com (incidentally this is where you can find all the show information details and the listener store…). Until next time America (and the world).