Grammy Award-Winning Music Artists Unite with Bestselling Authors in an Unprecedented Concert Experience
Multi-artist concert featuring Steven Curtis Chapman, Newsboys and others
with special guests Randy Frazee & bestselling author Max Lucado, in Austin, Texas, on December 4.
A multimedia concert experience over one year in the making, THE STORY Christmas spectacular brings award-winning artists across all major labels into collaboration with bestselling authors Randy Frazee and Max Lucado, World Vision International, EMI Music, and Zondervan, the world’s leading Bible publisher.
According to Lucado, the Bible abounds with amazing tales of bravery and betrayal, success and failure, romance and redemption. But how well do we really know the stories? How do they all fit together?
Award-winning authors Randy Frazee and Max Lucado—the latter has more than 100 million products in print—worked with Zondervan to create and pioneer The Story Experience, based on The Story book. The Story, published by Zondervan, portrays 31 major events from the Bible unfolding as one seamless narrative. Dove Award-winning Nichole Nordeman then joined the project to give a modern lyrical voice to these stories, crafting 18 songs performed by 24 artists collectively representing 75 million albums sold—including Grammy and Dove Award winners Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith, and Steven Curtis Chapman; and Dove Award winners Chris Tomlin, Lecrae, Jeremy Camp, Natalie Grant, and more.
“One of the goals was to be able to listen to these songs and feel more connected to these people that walked before us and learned lessons that we’re still learning,” Nordeman says. “There’s such a tendency to turn them into superheroes—but … these were broken people who were desperate and needed God. They were just like us, and I think we forget.”
Now, beginning December 1, THE STORY Tour is bringing this event to select venues in time to celebrate Christmas. In addition to offering a holiday experience with popular Christmas carols, all 18 songs from the project will be performed, featuring Steven Curtis Chapman, Newsboys, Francesca Battistelli, Natalie Grant, Selah, Anthem Lights, and Rawsrvnt, with special guests Max Lucado and Randy Frazee. A true transmedia event, the performances will be illuminated with massive visuals from the companion DVD, all connected by the structural bedrock of The Story.
Follow THE STORY Tour on Twitter at @TheStoryTour, and share experiences using the hashtag, #TheStoryTour. For more information on The Story, please visit TheStory.com, and for more on THE STORY Tour, see TheStoryCD.com/tour.
On December 17, the full concert will be streamed live from Minnesota. See TheStory.com to catch it online!
- December 1 | Wichita, KS – Central Christian [Tickets Available]
- December 2 | Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center [Tickets Available]
- December 3 | Tulsa, OK – BOK Center [Tickets Available]
- December 4 | Austin, TX – Shoreline Christian Center [Tickets Available]
- December 7 | Longwood, FL – Northland Church [Tickets Available]
- December 8 | Atlanta, GA – Philips Arena [Tickets Available]
- December 9 | Winston-Salem, NC – Winston-Salem Ent. Sports Complex [Tickets Available]
- December 10 | Virginia Beach, VA – Rock Church [Tickets Available]
- December 11 | Woodbridge, VA – Hylton Chapel [Tickets Available]
- December 14 | Plymouth, MI – Northridge Community Church [Tickets Available]
- December 15 | Grand Rapids, MI – First Assembly of God [Tickets Available]
- December 16 | Hoffman Estates, IL – Life Changers Church [Tickets Available]
- December 17 | Eden Prairie, MN – Grace Church [Tickets Available]
- December 18 | Independence, MO – Independence Events Center [Tickets Available]