Check out this new 40s / 50s inspired Country, Indie, Folk duo from Muscle Shoales, AL – The Secret Sisters (TSS) who in just year got discovered, and worked and performed w/ the legendary T Bone Burnett and Jack White!
With The Secret Sisters (TSS) – “What You Hear Is What You Get” how many artists can we say that about these days? Laura and Lydia Rogers – recorded their self titled debut album at the legendary Blackbird Studio in Nashville the same way it would have been recorded in the 1950s – no computers or digital equipment – just vintage mics, analog equipment, guitars, and their perfectly harmonized vocals.
TSS have had a whirlwind of a year – Laura and Lydia were discovered at an audition in October 2009, signed to Universal Republic Records shortly after, won the heart and ears of the legendary T Bone Burnett who went on to executive produce their debut album and created Beladroit – a label created specifically for this release -, released their first 7” vinyl featuring and produced by Jack White (The Raconteurs) and recently performed with T Bone Burnett and his band in LA, Jack White in Nashville, and knocked out their first NYC performance at Joe’s Pub just last week! Lastly, will be touring w/ T Bone Burnett, Neko Case, Elton John and more in The Speaking Clock Revue (dates below).
You can check out “About The Secret Sisters” video along w/ their acoustic video of “Do You Love An Apple” and a free download of “Tennessee Me” below.
About The Secret Sisters f/ T Bone Burnett: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv83BELkZxg
“Do You Love An Apple”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWzhSYLHAFM
FREE DOWNLOAD: http://www.secretsistersband.com/signup/
ALBUM: The Secret Sisters RELEASE DATE: October 12th
TRACK: “I’ve Gotta Feeling” GENRE: Country
HOMETOWN: Muscle Shoals, AL
- Formerly known as the Roger Sisters
- 40s / 50s Inspired Country / Indie / Folk
- Barely twenty-something year old sisters – Laura and Lydia Rogers
- The Secret Sisters Self Titled debut album is presented by T Bone Burnett (Elvis Costello, Bob Dylan, Counting Crows, The Beach Boy; Grammy Award winner)
- Debut album to be released on T-Bone Burnett’s label Beladroit
- Debut Album was recorded in Nashville in the legendary Blackbird Studios.
- Produced by Dave Cobb (Waylon Jennings, Jamey Johnson).
- Laura and Lydia learned to harmonize and family picnics performing classical gems by Everly Brothers, Doc Watson etc. Also sang a cappella in The Church of Christ in Alabama.
- FEATURED ON: The Boot, LargeHearted Boy, MySpace Music, Country California, CMJ.com, RoughStock, Twenty FourBit, Tennessean, LA Times Blog and more!
The Speking Clock Revue – Presented by T Bone Burnett and featuring – Elton John & Leon Russell, John Mellencamp, Elvis Costello, Gregg Allman, Ralph Stanley, Jeff Bridges, Punch Brothers, Karen Elson, and The Secret Sisters
10/16 Boston, MA – Wang Center
10/20 NYC – Beacon Theater
Tickets go on sale 9/27 – www.ticketmaster.com
All net proceeds from these shows will be donated to The Particpant Foundation to support music and arts education programming in public schools.
The Secret Sisters echo and promise better days. They are a breath of fresh air. – T Bone Burnett
- Debut Album Executive Produced by T-Bone Burnett
- Featured on Jack White 7” series – The Secret Sisters debut 45 – released on Third Man Records (w/ My Morning Jacket’s Carl Broemmel on pedal steel and White on Guitar).
- Recorded PBS Special w/ T-Bone Burnett on September 1st