We decided to run a “Gift Guide” in our November/December issue, to offer a place for like-minded folks to highlight what they’re working on and releasing as of late. When you shop at these places, please tell them that HM Magazine sent ya!
(1) EZdrummer is a drum sampler designed for musicians and producers in need of a compact, affordable, easy to handle plug-in without compromising sound quality. The visualized interface combine auditioning of sounds and drumkit construction. The drag and drop MIDI library enables users to create a great drum track in just a few clicks. Suddenly everything got EZ.
(2) From Lodi, CA comes A Skylit Drive, a combo who play layered and dynamic rock w/heavy arrangements and vocals that belt as big as the singer from Styx. Speaking on the album, Wires and the concept of breathing, vocalist Michael Jagmin says, “We came up with the lyrics together, we’re all basically dorks at heart and instead of writing songs about being sad like a lot of groups today, we wanted songs that would make us smile later.” There’s an apparent growth musically and in sophistication since the band’s inaugural EP, She Watched The Sky.
(3) A Kiss For Jersey, Hailing from Pilot Mountain, NC, the band found themselves part of a thriving hardcore scene. All the members of the band are devout Christians and while they have plenty of fans who aren’t, their music uses imagery and messages taken from the Bible. Zach reveals that a lot of the lyrics on the new album (Victims) are inspired by passages by The Book of Revelation. “There’s a lot of crazy stuff going on in the world, a lot of persecution. I want to let kids know it is ok to do those things and to show faith in your own way.”
(4) Don’t miss the white-hot new studio release from Christian music’s premier blues-rock trio, the Glenn Kaiser Band. Octane serves up a sonic smorgasbord of classic rock, blues and R&B with a fire and passion that entertains yet challenges at the same time. Available on Grrr Records.
(5) The first career-spanning box set from Resurrection Band includes three CDs with 52 digitally re-mastered songs, one DVD with over an hour of previously unreleased live concert video, and an 80-page full color booklet containing a detailed history of Resurrection Band illustrated with dozens of photos. Own a piece of Christian rock history.
(6) Super.Fi 5 Pro From the folks that brought the in-ear monitors (Ultimate Ears) comes a set of headphones for personal use. The breathing room allows for a booming bass, the flexible ear loops make for a comfortable and secure fit over the ears. They really compensate well with making low volume levels sound full.
(7) “This album is the first to come from this young and energizing Icelandic band named Jack London. Melody and powerful rock melody similar to Jeff Buckley, Rush and The Mars Volta, though bringing something new and exciting to the genre of Christian rock scene. White suit getting brown is an album that all true rocker´s should own, both old and new.
(8) Nevertheless In The Making… is piano-heavy pop/rock music that invites you into the heart of Nevertheless.
(9) Pillar’s For The Love Of The Game is big, fun, infectious rock and roll that further solidifies Pillar’s position as fearless leaders in the Christian Rock world.
(10) Fireflight‘s Unbreakable finds this band from Florida flexing its rock muscles.
(11) Unique hand-crafted necklaces for both men and women made out of recycled paper beads. The buying and reselling of the necklaces generates a consistent income in Uganda, Africa for the women of Suubi (hope). These women are amazing, courageous, and beautiful – we have been shown a hope that changes everything – be a part of the change.
(12) When we last saw Jon McLaughlin, the 25-year-old singer/songwriter was giving a show-stopping performance of the Oscar-nominated “So Close,” on the worldwide telecast of the 80th Annual Academy Awards. Since then, Jon has been in the studio recording his second Island Records release, OK NOW. The new album includes amazing tracks like “Beating My Heart,” the first single, which is an introspective, existential tune about nothing less than the meaning of life right up to “We All Need Saving” – about the importance of friendship. Jon is currently headlining a series of shows in five different U.S. cities as part of this fall’s Pinktober campaign and will be on tour throughout the end of the year. OK NOW is In Stores NOW.
(13) An up and coming clothing company with new ideas, SandStorm brings hope and a new light to the world we live. Trying to break from the norm of “Christian” t-shirts, we want to present God’s truth in a relevant way. Full line out next spring.
(14) Four-piece, four-brother band from Lincoln, Nebraska, Remedy Drive has been cranking out their piano driven rock tunes as an indie band for the past three years across the Midwest/West Coast. Delivering a message of hope, they combine their heart-on-a-sleeve sensibility with an acrobatic and explosive live show. Catch them on tour with The Afters this December.
(15) Stellar Kart is back with a pop/rock tour de force that includes the band’s most mature lyrics yet. Their new album is intentionally themed around topics most important to the turbulent lives of today’s teens, such as friendship, loss & redemption. Don’t miss Stellar Kart on Superchick’s Rock What You Got Tour through November.
(16) I Am: Our goal is to raise $1,000,000.00+ for youth, abused, orphaned, and neglected children worldwide. Foster homes across America, as well as orphanages around the world will be encouraged through the gift of music. Although music is important, our focus is to build up the future leaders of our world.
(17) Glenn Rowlands & Robert Powell’s newest release is Red Road. It’s Rock and Roll! Matthew 28:2. [$5 shipping included], checks payable to: Glenn Rowlands, 1720 El Mirage Rd. #A, Adelanto, CA 92301 Credit Cards accepted through PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org Preview music at their myspace page.
(18) The Open It Universal Package Opener is designed to open all types of retail packaging. This universal tool offers you a sturdy safe way to open clam shell packaging with ease. No more “Wrap Rage” when trying to open your items. There are over 6000 reported emergency room incidents resulting from wrap rage. With the Open It tool in your house you will never fall victim to the rage.