Punk Goes Pop Volume 3, the tenth in Fearless Records’ Punk Goes… series, is in stores now! Listen to the entire album right now on AOL’s Listening Party.
The most exciting Punk Goes… album to date, Punk Goes Pop Volume 3 features some of the hottest bands in rock covering modern pop classics. Be sure to check out Asking Alexandria‘s killer cover of Akon’s “Right Now (Na Na Na)”, Miss May I‘s version of Jay-Z’s “Run This Town”, Woe, Is Me‘s re-working of Katy Perry’s “Hot ‘N Cold”, The Word Alive‘s storming rendition of Kanye West’s “Heartless”, and We Came As Romans‘ interpretation of Justin Timberlake’s “My Love”!
Check out the album trailer here. The album is available for purchase on iTunes – click here!
Full tracklisting and bands included on Punk Goes Pop Volume 3 is as below:
1. Breathe Carolina – “Down” (originally recorded by Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne)
2. Woe, Is Me – “Hot ‘N Cold” (originally recorded by Katy Perry)
3. Artist Vs Poet – “Bad Romance” (originally recorded by Lady GaGa)
4. Mayday Parade – “In My Head” (originally recorded by Jason Derülo)
5. Asking Alexandria – “Right Now (Na Na Na)” (originally recorded by Akon)
6. This Century – “Paper Planes” (originally recorded by M.I.A.)
7. The Word Alive – “Heartless” (originally recorded by Kanye West)
8. Family Force 5 – “Bulletproof” (originally recorded by La Roux)
9. Of Mice & Men – “Blame It” (originally recorded by Jamie Foxx ft. T-Pain)
10. Miss May I – “Run This Town” (originally recorded by Jay-Z ft. Kanye West and Rihanna)
11. The Ready Set – “Airplanes” (originally recorded by B.o.B ft. Hayley Williams)
12. Cute Is What We Aim For – “Dead And Gone” (originally recorded by T.I. ft. Justin Timberlake)
13. Sparks The Rescue – “Need You Now” (originally recorded by Lady Antebellum)
14. We Came As Romans – “My Love” (originally recorded by Justin Timberlake ft. T.I.)
For more information head to www.MySpace.com/PunkGoes
PUNK GOES… – In 2000, Fearless Records released an album of up-and-coming bands from the punk scene covering classic tracks by the likes of Judas Priest, Guns N’ Roses, Slayer, Metallica, and Megadeth. Titled Punk Goes Metal, the compilation was so popular with both the musicians covering the songs, and the fans that loved hearing their favorite rock bands’ versions of tracks in other genres, that the compilation became an annual institution. One decade later, with over 600,000 albums and 2 million singles sold in the U.S. alone, Fearless Records is proud to announce the tenth in the Punk Goes… series – Punk Goes Pop Volume 3. Prior volumes include Punk Goes Pop 1 & 2, Punk Goes Classic Rock, Punk Goes Crunk, Punk Goes Acoustic and have featured hit bands such as The All-American Rejects, Rise Against, Gym Class Heroes, Plain White T’s, Jack’s Mannequin, Relient K, Taking Back Sunday, Thrice, A Day To Remember, All Time Low, and more.
For more information, contact Jenny Reader firstname.lastname@example.org