HM Magazine was started in 1985 by Douglas Van Pelt in Austin, TX. Initially called Heaven’s Metal, the magazine covered all aspects of the faith-based metal music scene. As the metal genre expanded, morphed and splintered into sub-genres, in 1995, the magazine’s name officially changed the The Hard Music Magazine (or HM Magazine for short) to account for magazine’s desire to cover all types of the heavy music scene. In 2013, the tagline was dropped and the magazine is now officially known as, simply, HM Magazine.
In 2013, David Stagg purchased the magazine from Van Pelt. Stagg is the President and CEO of HM Publications LLC and is the official owner of the magazine.
- HM Logo – 100 pixels (jpg | png)
- HM Logo – 300 pixels (jpg | png)
- HM Logo – 500 pixels (jpg | png)
- HM Logo Bundle – includes vector logo
- Heaven’s Metal Logo – 100 pixels (jpg | png)
- Heaven’s Metal Logo – 300 pixels (jpg | png)
- Heaven’s Metal Logo – 500 pixels (jpg | png)
- Heaven’s Metal Logo Bundle – includes vector logo
CEO and Editor-in-Chief
David Stagg was born in Philadelphia, but raised in Houston, TX. Prior to taking over at HM, he was the Creative Director at an agency in Houston before starting his own website design and development company in 2012. He has also previously worked and taught at Rice University.
Photos of Stagg
HM Publications LLC does business as HM Magazine. HM Publications LLC is owned by New American Creative LLC.